Peer Review Process
Every submitted article in the Annual Journal of the Technical University of Varna (AJTUV) will be independently reviewed by at least two or more peer reviewers. The AJTUV uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewers and authors identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. The final decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendations. After being reviewed, there will be four kinds of Section editor decision based on reviewers’ recommendation:
• Accept Submission: The submission will be accepted without revisions.
• Revisions Required: The submission will be accepted after minor changes have been made.
• Resubmit for Review: The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. It will require a second round of review, however.
• Decline Submission: The submission will not be published in the AJTUV.
A manuscript may be rejected or returned to the author(s) for re-work in case one or more of the following reasons:
• the submitted manuscript clearly falls outside the scope of the AJTUV;
• the work is of poor scientific quality such that it is clearly not suitable for publication in a scientific journal;
• the novelty of the work falls below that required for the AJTUV;
• the manuscript represents undue fragmentation of the research into multiple papers;
• the manuscript contains redundant information or significant amounts of material that has already been published elsewhere or is under consideration by another journal;
• the quality of the English in the manuscript is so poor as to render the science presented unclear;
• the manuscript has already been reviewed and rejected by AJTUV, and the author(s) have made little or no attempt to address the advice that the section editor and/or reviewers have provided already;
• the conclusions drawn by the manuscript are well known or have been published previously.